Dehradun or as it is less commonly known Doon Valley is a city that has witnessed a massive change in the previous years. People from different regions of India have moved here and are now living in this inexpensive, beautiful & safe city. The city has a huge number of schools affiliated with CBSE, ICSE, CISCE and more. You will not have to worry for your child’s education. But do you know what the best schools in Dehradun are?
With the passage of time, these schools have managed to differentiate themselves from the cluster and have come on top as the best schools in Dehradun. Take a look.
The TonsBridge School
The TonsBridge School was inaugurated by the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. The school has created a benchmark in the field of senior secondary education by adopting the latest technology & tools to impart education through unique smart class system. The school is child-focused, designed and adaptive with a view to promote learning, support collaboration and provide a personalized & stimulating environment to all.
School Type: Co-Ed Day Scholars
Infrastructure: Multi Purpose auditorium, Laboratory systems, Smart classrooms with cctv surveillance, World class learning centre (digital library), Indoor skating rink, Table tennis, Swimming Pool, International Soccer Field, Synthetic Basketball courts, tennis courts, horse riding
Address: Tons Confluence, Subharti Hospital Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001
Awards & Achievements:
- Awarded for the Best Senior Secondary School of the Year (Day School) by the Himalayan State Educater’s Summit
- National School Award 2021- Crowned as School with Educational Excellence Award 2021
- Toycathon 2021- Ishita Gupta, Ira Negi and Manya Jaiswal at The TonsBridge School excelled at this National Level Competition
- Topped Uttarakhand in Class 12th CBSE Examination
- Topped JEE Main Exam in Uttarakhand 2020
The Doon School is one of India’s finest full boarding schools for boys. It specializes in all boys boarding education for the students aged 12-18. This school is probably the only ‘All India’ school with applications from almost every state each year.
- 25,000 square foot building hosts an auditorium, a film studio, Apple Mac studio and plenty of other teaching spaces. There are museum spaces including dedicated photographic exhibitions, a trophy room & a reading room.
- 100-seater, acoustically engineered auditorium.
- Their Central Dining Hall, more popularly known as “the CDH”, is a modern, spacious and airy building.
- Ample space for research and reading on the ground floor, and plenty of access to IT facilities on the second floor.
- Multipurpose Hall, Music School, The Rose Bowl, Wellness Centre
- The school has a gym and fitness room, squash courts, a sports pavilion alongside Main Field, as well as the use of the multipurpose hall for boxing and badminton.
- The school has a 25-metre pool, acres of pitches and cricket net facilities as well as multiple new basketball and tennis courts with flood lights.
Address: The Doon School, Mall Road, Dehradun, India, Pin-248001
Welham Girls’ School
Welham Girls’ School is a private boarding school in Dehradun. The school has progressed from being a school for privileged local girls to being a school that educates students mostly from North India. It was identified as one of the top-performing schools country-wide based on academic performance. School Type: Girls residential school
Board – Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations
Infrastructure: The infrastructure of Welham Girl’s school is captivating with blooming and pleasant ambience.
- Well-maintained ventilated and spacious classrooms, well-equipped labs for chemistry, physics, and biology and a well-stocked library with interesting books.
- Offers the best hostel facilities for girls to give them a safe and secure environment.
- Along with the residential facilities, this school also have amazing dining facilities. All the food is cooked and served hygienically.
Mobile/Phone: 0135 667 0100
Brightlands is a private school in Dehradun with a 10+2 senior-secondary level, English medium, co-educational school affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi.
To get any further information about the school- visit www.brightlandschool.co.in
Ann Mary School
The School was founded in the year 1985 located at General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun. The school is an English medium co-educational school affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi offering education from nursery to class XII.
St. Joseph Academy
The school officially became an affiliate of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi &conducts the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ICSE – X) & the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC – XII) Examinations.
Excellent academic results, sound moral values, keen interest in sports, extra-curricular activities & an all-round personality development have been the hallmarks of St. Joseph’s Academy, ever since her inception.
The motive of the school is ‘Laborare Est Orare’ (Latin) which means ‘Work is Worship’, which they endeavour to inculcate in students and staff fraternity.
Doon International School, Dehradun
The school teaches students from its 4 campuses at Dehradun, Pondha, Mohali and New Chandigarh.
School is committed to the cause of quality education, where faculty, staff & administration, in partnership with the parents, students and community provide a safe and disciplined learning environment that promotes the academic, intellectual, personal & social development of children. They aim to develop the children into capable, responsible, caring & ethical world citizens.
The Summer Valley School set up as an English medium co-educational school & has achieved commendable success to impart quality education. It has focused on liberal & balanced education on modern but competitive lines so as to inspire the students to become worthy of the rich cultural heritage of India.
The school has an excellent track record of not only 100% Board result but also over 97% of students scoring 70% or above marks. The 90% and above scorers in the Board Examinations is also a common feature in the school. In sports they have National level players in the sports like Shooting, Basketball, Volley Ball, Football and Table Tennis.
Delhi Public School, Dehradun
The Delhi Public School Ghaziabad Society has traversed 3 & a half decades to emerge amongst the top performing schools. The teachers and students at DPSG have, both, shown remarkable skills in all fields: academics, co-scholastic and sports with consistent high performance in the CBSE examinations, IIT Joint Entrance and Medical entrance examination.
The School with all the amenities of a progressive school, is designed to provide world-class education complemented with the best day- school facilities. The School offers an exciting experiential and a hands-on/ minds-on Curriculum from Grade 1 to Grade 12.
The Heritage School provides a stimulating yet nurturing environment which encourages & embraces intellectual curiosity, creativity and innovation. Children are encouraged to be independent, to think individually and have a voice. They are given opportunities to explore, to be collaborative, to dig deeper & take charge of their own learning by a team of skilled, motivated, and dedicated teachers and support staff.